Height: 6-5 ē 196 cms
Weight: 225lbs ē 102 kgs
School: Villanova '14
Hometown: Orlando, Florida
USA Basketball Notes:
- Named as a finalist to the 2011 USA Basketbll Men's U19 National Team on June 19, 2011.
- Named a participant for the 2011 USA U19 World Championship Team training camp on June 12, 2011.
- Participated in the 2010 USA Basketball Men's U18 National Team training camp in San Antonio, Texas.
- Attends Villanova University and helped lead team to a 21-12 record and the NCAA Tournament.
- As a freshman in 2010-11 averaged 2.8 points and 1.5 rebounds per outing in 15 appearances.
- Missed most of the fall workouts due to surgery on the tibia of both legs, performed Sept. 8, 2010. Was sidelined for the first five games of the regular season as he completed his recovery from the surgeries before debuting in the final minute against Tennessee on Nov. 26 in the final of the NIT Season Tip-Off.
- Recorded a season best in a 60-57 win at Seton Hall (2/15). The former resident of nearby Plainfield, N.J., scored a career high 21-points on 7-of-9 shooting from the floor, and added three rebounds and two steals in a season-high 29 minutes.
- Contributed six points in 18 minutes against Notre Dame (2/28).
- Gave the Wildcats a major lift in the first half against Delaware, scoring eight points en route to his fist career double figure scoring effort (10 points) in the 78-59 win over the Blue Hens.
High School Honors:
- Named to the 2010 USA Today All-USA third team.
- Listed on the 2010 Parade Magazine All-America fourth team.
- Earned MVP honors at the 2010 Florida versus USA Hardwood Classic.
- Named 2010 All-Central Florida first team by the Orlando Sentinel.
- Listed No. 1 among the Orlando Sentinelís final 2010 Central Florida Top 25 for boys basketball.
- Named the 2009 and 2010 Lake County Player of the Year, the first two-time honoree ever.
High School Notes:
- Attended Montverde Academy (Fla.), where he played for 2009-10 USA Basketball Menís Developmental National Team assistant coach Kevin Sutton.
- Averaged 18.3 ppg., 6.0 rpg. and 4.3 spg. as a senior in 2009-10 as Montverde compiled a 23-5 record, ranked No. 8 nationally and No. 3 in the South Region in the final USA Today Super 25 rankings, and advanced to the 2010 National High School Invitational championship game.
- Plays for Team STAT in the summer.
- Born on Jan. 7, 1992 in Plainfield, N.J., currently resides in Orlando, Fla.
- Full name is James Tahj Mainor-Bell, but goes by James Bell.
- Son of Erika Bell and James Mainor, has two younger brothers, Jayden and Justin.
- Often called "Tahj" by family and friends - it is a middle name
The Inside Scoop:
- Favorite Twitter account to follow is lilduval.
- Favorite Internet sports site is ESPN.com and non-sports site is worldstarhiphop.com.
- Favorite sport other than basketball is football.
- Favorite player is Brandon Roy and team is the Orlando Magic.
- Favorite non-basketball Olympian is Michael Phelps.
- The best game heís ever watched was between the Houston Hoops and the South Carolina Ravens.
- Wants to go one-on-one against 2008 U.S. Olympic gold medalist Kobe Bryant.
- Enjoys sleeping and shopping when heís away from the court.
- Most people donít know that he likes being inside his house.
- Canít live without his phone.
- Favorite food is pizza.
- Follow James on Twitter: jbells32.