Height: 5-11 • 181 cms
Weight: 160 lbs • 73 kgs
School: Mesa H.S. '11/Arizona State '15
Hometown: Phoenix, Arizona
USA Basketball Notes:
- Named as a finalist to the 2011 USA Basketbll Men's U19 National Team on June 19, 2011.
- Named a participant for the 2011 USA U19 World Championship Team training camp on June 12, 2011.
- Signed National Letter of Intent to attend Arizona State University.
- Committed to Oregon State as a sophomore in May 2009. De-committed from Oregon State in April 2010.
- Selected 2011 Parade Magazine All-America second team.
- Named the 2010-11 Arizona Republic Big Schools (4A-5A) Player of the Year.
- Selected by Arizona Republic to the 2010-11 and 2009-10 All-Arizona high school boys basketball team.
- Named 2010-11 and 200-10 All-Arizona Class 5A boys basketball first team.
- Voted to the 2011 Arizona Basketball Coaches Association All-Star Game North Team. He was unable to play because he had played in the maximum number of all-star games.
High School Notes:
- Attended Mesa High School (Az.) where he was a two-year starter for the program.
- As a senior set Mesa single-season scoring and assist records, breaking the marks he established as a junior.
- As a senior in 2010-11 he led his team to a 21-6 record and to the Arizona Class 5A state semifinals.
- Started all 27 games as a senior and averaged 32.2 points, 3.6 assists and 2.1 steals a game.
- During the 2011 Class 5A Division I tournament, he recorded 37 points in a 68-60 first-round win over Tucson; 38 points, five assists, four rebounds and four steals in a 72-66 quarterfinal win against his former school, Phoenix Mountain Pointe; and posted 58 points (25-38 FGs) in a 96-82 semifinal loss to Phoenix Brophy Prep.
- In a 2010 holiday tournament in New York, he set the tournament record with 109 points (36.3 ppg.) in three games.
- As a junior at Mesa he helped lead his squad to a 25-5 overall recordand to the state 5A-I quarterfinals.
- As a junior in 2009-10, averaged 23.7 points, 5.6 assists and 2.0 steals.
- Played his sophomore season at Mountain Pointe High School (Phoenix, Ariz.).
- Participated in the 2010 Nike Global Challenge.
- Played for the Compton Magic club team.
- Named co-MVP of the Phoenix Fall Showcase, an event that attracted over 400 players from around the West. In three games Carson averaged 27 points per game, 12 assists and three steals.
- Won in 2010 the 12th Annual Arizona Preps Fall Showcase Slam-Dunk Contest and won MVP honors at the 2009 Showcase Tournament.
- Was 13 years old and about 5-foot-3 when he recorded his first dunk.
- Born on August 31, 1992.
- Son of Vanae and Jonathan Carson.