- Flower Mound High School (2016)
- Flower Mound, Texas
USA Basketball Notes
- Gold Medals: 2014 FIBA U17 World Championship, 2013 FIBA Americas U16 Championship.
- Member of the 2014 USA Basketball U17 World Championship Team that posted a perfect 7-0 record and captured the gold medal at the 2014 FIBA U17 World Championship in the Czech Republic. Started all seven games; averaged 7.1 ppg. and a team-leading 8.4 rpg.
- Recorded a double-double in the USA's gold medal-winning game against Spain, finishing with 20 points, including 4-for-4 from the free-throw line, 12 rebounds and a USA Women’s U17 single-game record eight blocked shots. Recorded a team-leading 19 total blocked shots to finish with a championship second-best average of 2.7 bpg.
- Member of the 2013 USA Basketball Women’s U16 National Team, started in three of four games played in the 2013 FIBA Americas U16 Championship that was held June 19-23 in Cancun, Mexico, and averaged a tournament fifth-best 11.8 ppg., a tournament second-best 8.8 rpg. and a tournament-leading 2.8 bpg. to help the USA to a 5-0 record, a gold medal and a berth into the 2014 FIBA U17 World Championship.
High School Honors
- District 5-5A Offensive Player of the Year (2014) and Newcomer of the Year (2013) in basketball and volleyball.
- Texas Association of Basketball Coaches All-State first team (2014) and All-Region (2013 and 2014)
- Texas Girls Coaches Association All-State first team (2014).
High School Notes
- Has played two varsity seasons at Flower Mound High School in Flower Mound, Texas.
- Lists career highs of 30 points versus Colleyville Heritage on Feb. 10, 2014; 22 rebounds versus Lewisville on Jan. 3, 2014; 13 blocks against Coppell on Jan. 24, 2014; six steals versus Killeen on Nov. 21, 2013; and six assists versus Lewisville on Jan. 14, 2014.
- Has started in 59 career games and lists totals of 937 points, 735 rebounds, 96 assists, 108 steals and 259 blocked shots.
- Lists career shooting percentages of 42.0 percent from the field, 16.0 percent from 3-point and 67.0 percent from the free throw line.
- Holds the school’s single-season rebounding (375) and blocked shot (135) records and the single-game blocks record (13).
- As a sophomore in 2013-14, started in all 26 games played and averaged 19.0 ppg., 14.0 rpg., 2.0 apg., 2.0 spg. and 5.0 bpg. to help her team to a 19-12 record; shot 45.0 percent from the field, 18.0 percent from 3-point and 72.0 percent from the free throw line.
- As a freshman in 2012-13, started in all 33 games and averaged 13.6 ppg., 11.3 rpg., 1.7 apg., 1.9 spg. and 3.8 bpg. to help her team to a 25-9 record; shot 39.0 percent from the field, 13.0 percent from 3-point and 60.0 percent from the line.
- Has played in the summer for North Texas United since 2010, 2013 Adidas National Champions.
- Plays volleyball, was a district and all-area newcomer of the year in 2012-13 and the defensive player of the year in 2013-14; also competed in track and field as a freshman and claimed district and area titles in shot put and discus.
- Born on April 20, 1998, in Grapevine, Texas, to Brenda and Dennis Cox; has three younger sisters, Whitney (13), Kaylee (11) and Madison (9).
- Mother, Brenda, played basketball at Southern Methodist University; father, Dennis, played basketball at Central Methodist University.
- Grandfather, Melvin Bruggeman, retired from the U.S. Army.
- Began playing basketball when she was 5 years old.
- Is right-handed and wears No. 15 because it has been my number since I started playing basketball.
- Favorite food: Pizza.
- Favorite class: Chemistry.
- Favorite basketball player: Elena Delle Donne.
- Favorite basketball team: Los Angeles Clippers.
- Favorite Olympian: Kevin Durant.
- Favorite social media account: Division 6 Bound on Twitter.
- Most played song: “Play It Again.”
- Must have pregame meal or snack: Cliff bar.
- Piece of clothing you cannot live without: Yoga pants.
- Top five movies: The Last Song, LOL, Hunger Games, Grease and Footloose.
- Best player you have faced: Brittney Griner at a Baylor camp in eighth grade -- she was so tall and hard to shoot over.
- Most impressive person you have met: Jody Conradt, because she is a basketball legend.
- Away from the court you enjoy: Volleyball, hanging out with friends and watching movies.
- Most people do not know: I have Type 1 Diabetes.
- Most interesting place you have visited: Cancun -- won a gold medal and the beaches were beautiful.
- Superstitious about: Having my hair straight for every game.