Height: 6-9 / 206 cms
Weight: 210 lbs / 95 kgs
School: Wesleyan Christian Academy ‘16
Hometown: Winston-Salem, N.C.
USA Basketball Notes
- Gold Medals: 2014 FIBA U17 World Championship, 2013 FIBA Americas U16 Championship.
- Member of the 2014 USA U17 World Championship Team that posted a 7-0 record and captured the FIBA U17 World Championship for Men gold medal in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- Member of the USA Basketball Men’s U16 National Team that posted a perfect 5-0 record en route to winning gold at the 2013 FIBA Americas U16 Championship in Maldonado, Uruguay; started the first two games before being sidelined the remainder of the tournament with a knee injury.
- Named to the 2013-14 USA Basketball Men’s Developmental National Team on March 27, 2013.
- Participated in the October 2012 USA Developmental National Team mini-camp, held in Colorado Springs, Colo.
High School Honors
- 2013 MaxPreps National Freshman of the Year.
- 2013 MaxPreps Freshman All-American first team.
- 2013 North Carolina Independent Schools Athletics Association (NCISAA) Class 3A Boys All-State Basketball Team.
- 2013 Greensboro News & Record All-Area first team.
- 2013 Piedmont Athleic Conference of Independent Schools (PACIS) Player of the Year and All-PACIS first team.
High School Notes
- Attends Wesleyan Christian Academy (N.C.), where he helped lead his squad to the 2013 NCISAA Class 3A crown, the PACIS championship and a 23-5 record on the season; started all 28 games and averaged 13.0 ppg., 7.0 rpg., 2.0 apg., 2.0 spg. and 2.0 bpg.
- Boasts career-highs of 21 points (twice), 18 rebounds, and five assists (twice)
- Scored a team-high 18 points in the 2013 NCISAA Class 3A title game.
- Born on April 22, 1998, in his hometown of Winston-Salem, N.C.
- Son of Melissa Addison-Giles and Harry Giles, has one older brother, Marquis Dalton (18) and three older sisters, Shalaria Taylor (30), Shari Watson (29) and Quanetrea Taylor (28).
- Father played football and basketball at Winston-Salem State University.
- Started playing basketball when he was 3 years old.
- Tweets under the handle @TheReal_HG3.
The Inside Scoop
- Memorable moment from the 2012 Olympics was watching the U.S. Olympic Men’s Basketball Team win the gold medal.
- Favorite players on the 2012 U.S. Olympic Team: Kevin Durant and LeBron James because they’re his favorite basketball players overall.
- Plans on majoring in: communications.
- If he could drive anything, it would be: a Suburban.
- Top five movies of all time: Fridays, Menace II Society, Boyz in the Hood, Coach Carter and More Than a Game.
- Favorite sports magazine: SLAM Magazine.
- Favorite apps: Subway Surfers or Paper Toss.
- Favorite sports other than basketball: football and volleyball.
- Favorite class: English.
- Favorite basketball player of all time: Michael Jordan.
- Favorite teams: Miami Heat and Oklahoma City Thunder.
- Favorite Olympians: Kevin Durant and LeBron James.
- Most played song on his iPod: “My Moment” by Meek Mill.
- Best player ever faced: Andrew Wiggins.
- Would compare his game to: Kevin Durant.
- This right-hander wears No. 1 because: “when I’ve played with No. 1, I have always played well in it. I’ve done big things in No. 1.”
- Away from the court, enjoys: hanging out with friends.
- Most people don’t know: he still watches cartoons.
- First trip outside the United States was with the 2013 USA U16 National Team.
USA Basketball Statistics
|2014 U17||7/7||35- 59||.593||0- 1||.000||6- 10||.600||43/ 6.1||76/ 10.9||9||6||16|
|Totals||9/9||41- 69||.594||0- 1||.000||8- 14||.571||54/ 6.0||90/ 10.0||12||10||19|