Height: 6-0 / 183 cms
Weight: 150 lbs / 68 kgs
High School: Washington County High School ‘13
Hometown: Sandersville, Georgia
USA Basketball Notes
- Named to the 2012 USA Basketball Women’s U18 National Team on May 21, 2012.
- Participated in the 2012 USA Basketball Women’s U17 World Championship Team Trials and was transferred to the 2012 USA U18 National Team Trials roster on May 20.
- Participated in the 2011 USA Basketball Women’s U16 National Team Trials.Team Trials.
- Has verbally committed to attend and play for the University of North Carolina in 2013-14.
High School Honors & Recognition
- Gatorade State Player of the Year (2012).
- Atlanta Journal Constitution Class 3A Player of the Year and All-State first team (2011, 2012).
- Three-time Georgia Athletic Coaches Association (GACA) Class 3A Player of the Year (2010, 2011, 2012).
- GACA All-State first team (2010, 2011, 2012).
- All-Middle Georgia Player of the Year (2011, 2012).
- Augusta Chronicle Player of the Week (Jan. 20, 2011).
- Region 3A Player of the Year (2010, 2011, 2012).
- Augusta Chronicle All-Area first team (2010).
High School Notes
- Has played three varsity seasons at Washington County High School in Sandersville, Ga., where she has started in all 94 career games and compiled 2,465 points.
- Lists a career game of 48 points (vs. Hephziba on 1/24/12).
- As a junior in 2011-12, averaged 32.0 ppg., 8.5 rpg., 3.4 apg., 5.2 spg. and 2.4 bpg. to help her team to a 31-1 record and state runner-up finish.
- As a sophomore in 2010-11, started in all 32 games played and averaged a best-in-state 28.4 ppg. as well as 6.0 rpg., 3.0 apg., 4.0 spg. and 3.0 bpg. to help her team to a 32-0 record and state title; shot 40.0% from the field, 30.0% from 3-point and 85.0% from the line.
- As a freshman in 2009-10, started in all 28 games played and averaged 21.7 ppg., 5.0 rpg., 3.0 apg., 3.0 spg. and 2.0 bpg. to help her team to a 25-3 record and the state tournament elite eight; shot 40.0% from the field, 25.0% from 3-point and 80.0% from the line.
- Plays AAU for Georgia Metros.
- Also has three varsity letters in softball and was All-Region second team (2011).
- Born on Jan. 12, 1995, in Greenwood, S.C.
- Lists on her school’s honor roll; had perfect attendance in 2010-11.
- Daughter of Annie and Allen Gray; has two brothers, Marlo East (27) and Allen Gray, Jr. (15), and one sister, Ashley Gray (8).
- Father, Allen Gray, served 24 years in the Army reserves.
- Brother, Marlo East, played football at Troy University.
- Also played softball.
- Started playing basketball when she was six years old.
- Plans on studying medicine in college.
- Favorite sport other than basketball: Softball.
- Favorite food: Pizza.
- Favorite class: AP Language.
- Favorite basketball player: Kevin Durant.
- Favorite basketball team: Oklahoma City Thunder.
- Favorite Olympian: Michael Phelps.
- Most played song: I play a lot of different songs.
- Piece of clothing you can’t live without: Jeans.
- Best player you have faced: Diamond DeShields.
- Most impressive person you have met: Maya Moore, she is the best player in the WNBA.
- You’d compare your game to: Diana Taurasi.
- This left hander wears No. 15 because: it was my father’s
- Away from the court, you enjoy: Hanging out with my family and friends, going to the movies, going to the arcade, going bowling and going shopping.
- Not many people know: I am very intelligent because when I have a good basketball game, the first thing people ask me is, ‘how are your grades looking?’
- Most interesting place you’ve visited: Minnesota because they have the Mall of America.
- Superstitious about: splitting poles and walking under ladders.
- Top 5 movies of all time: Lottery Ticket, Glory Road, Big Momma 2, ATL, Johnson's Family Vacation.
- Favorite non-sports mag: VIBE.
- Favorite sports mag: Sports Illustrated.
- Favorite Gatorade flavor: Fruit Punch.
- If you could drive anything, what would it be? Lamborghini.
- Favorite Twitter account you follow: T.I.
- Batman or Superman? Superman.
- Indoor or beach volleyball? Indoor.
- Sprints or long-distance running? Long distance running.
- Cricket or lawn bowling? Cricket.
- Scrabble or Words with Friends? Scrabble.
- Favorite app: I like alot of apps.
- Favorite member of the 2012 U.S. Olympic Women’s Basketball Team: Diana Taurasi.