Tim Hardaway, Jr.
Height: 6-5 • 196 cms
Weight: 185 lbs • 84 kgs
School: Michigan '14
Hometown: Miami, Florida
USA Basketball Notes:
- Named as a finalist to the 2011 USA Basketbll Men's U19 National Team on June 19, 2011.
- Named a participant for the 2011 USA U19 World Championship Team training camp on June 12, 2011.
- Unanimous 2010-11 All-Big Ten Freshman Team selection.
- Selected All-Big Ten honorable mention as voted on by conference coaches and media.
- Won or shared Big Ten Freshman of the Week honors four times (Feb. 14, Feb. 21 and Feb. 28; co-winner Dec. 27).
- UMHoops.com All-Big Ten third team; UMHoops.com All-Big Ten Freshman Team; AnnArbor.com All-Rookie Team.
- Attends the University of Michigan and helped lead the Wolverines to a 21-14 overall record, a tie for fourth place in Big Ten play (9-9) and a No. 8 seed at the NCAA Tournament, where U-M advanced to the third round.
- As a freshman in 2010-11, was one of three Wolverines to start all 35 games, and averaged 13.9 points, 3.8 rebounds and 1.7 assists per game.
- Led all Michigan freshmen and was second on the team averaging 13.9 points per game.
- Led the Wolverines with 14.9 points per game in Big Ten contests.
- Led all U-M freshmen with 1,074 minutes and averaged 30.7 minutes per game. Played 30-or-more minutes in 21 games, including all40 minutes against Minnesota (1/22/11).
- Scored in double figures in each of his final 16 contests.
- Posted first career double-double of 17 points and 10 rebounds against Northwestern (2/9/11).
- Led the team in scoring in 10 games, scored in double figures in 27 games, scored 20-or-more points in six contests.
- Recorded a career-high 30 points at Iowa (2/19/11) and poured in 26 points against Indiana (2/12/11).
- Grabbed a career-high 10 rebounds against Northwestern (2/9/11).
- Held at least a share of team high in rebounds in five games.
- Dished out a career-high five assists at Illinois (2/16/11).
- Shot 36.7 percent (76-207) from 3-point and led the team with 76 made 3-pointers.
- Shot 76.5 percent (91-119) from the free throw line and ranked ninth in the Big Ten in free throw percentage.
- Also recorded career-highs of three steals against Indiana (1/15/11), two blocked shots against Kansas (1/9/11).
High School Honors:
- Named All-City first team (2009, 2010) and third team (2008).
- Three-time Palmetto Senior High School Team MVP (2008, 2009 and 2010).
High School Notes:
- Attended Palmetto Senior High School (Fla.) and was a three-year starter.
- As a senior in 2009-10 averaged 31.7 points, 7.3 rebounds and 4.0 assists a game. Led Palmetto to a 16-11 record and the Class 6A Regional Semifinal.
- Invited to play in the 2010 South Florida High School All-Star Basketball Classic.
- As a junior in 2008-09 he led team in points, rebounds and assists, averaged 23.4 points, 9.8 rebounds and 5.2 assists a game. Helped Palmetto to a 16-7 record and the District 16 championship and the Class 6A Regional quarterfinal.
- As a sophomore in 2007-08 he transferred to Palmetto Senior High School and averaged 19.8 points, 6.7 rebounds, 4.4 assists, 2.3 steals ... Led Palmetto Senior to a 12-11 record.
- As a freshman in 2006-07 he played a Palmer Trinity School in Palmetto, Fla.
- Played with the AAU South Florida Heat.
- Born Timothy Duane Hardaway, Jr. on March 16, 1992, in Miami, Fla.
- Son of Yolanda and Tim Hardaway, Sr.
- Has two sisters, Nia and Nina.
- Father, Tim, was a five-time NBA All-Star, and played 14 years in the NBA -- Golden State Warriors, Miami Heat, Dallas Mavericks, Denver Nuggets and Indiana Pacers. His father played on three USA Basketball teams and compiled a 26-0 win-loss record and three gold medals. Won gold for the USA at the 2000 Olympics, 1999 FIBA Americas Olympic Qualifying Championship and 1994 World Championship.