- Cedar Hill High School (2016)
- Cedar Hill, Texas
USA Basketball Notes
- Honors: 2014 FIBA U17 World Championship All-Tournament Team.
- Gold Medals: 2014 FIBA U17 World Championship.
- Member of the 2014 USA Basketball U17 World Championship Team that posted a perfect 7-0 record and captured the gold medal at the 2014 FIBA U17 World Championship in the Czech Republic. Averaged a team third-best 5.7 rpg. and was one of the four USA scorers who compiled an average of at least 10 points; finished with 74 points for a team fourth-best 10.6 ppg. Came off the bench to record a team-high 24 points in 17 minutes to go along with five rebounds during the USA's quarterfinal victory over Canada on July 4, 2014.
- Among all players, ranked first for field goal percentage (.519).
- Participated in the 2013 USA Basketball Women’s U16 National Team Trials.
High School Honors
- All-district first team (2013 and 2014) and district Newcomer of the Year (2013).
- Volleyball district Newcomer of the Year (2013).
High School Notes
- Has played two varsity seasons at Cedar Hill High School in Cedar Hill, Texas.
- Has started in all 65 career games and lists career totals of 1,124 points, 702 rebounds, 214 assists, 184 steals and 131 blocked shots.
- Lists career shooting percentages of 36.0 percent from the field, 42.0 percent from 3-point and 65.0 percent from the line
- As a sophomore in 2013-14, started in all 30 games and averaged 18.1 ppg., 11.2 rpg., 2.1 apg., 3.4 spg. and 2.1 bpg. to help her team to a 15-15 record and a fifth-place district finish; shot 34.0 percent from the field, 43.0 percent from 3-point and 72.0 percent from the line.
- As a freshman in 2012-13, started in all 35 games and averaged 16.6 ppg., 10.4 rpg., 4.3 apg., 2.3 spg. and 1.9 bpg. to help her team to a 25-10 record; shot 38.0 percent from the field, 41.0 percent from 3-point and 61.0 percent from the line.
- Plays in the summers for Heroes Elite
- Also plays volleyball and competes in track and field; was a regional qualifier in the long jump.
- Born on Feb. 22, 1998, in Dallas, Texas, to Twana and Ronald Holmes; has one brother, Ronnie Holmes (13), and one sister, Patrice Carr (24).
- Grandfather, Alvis Gray, served in the U.S. Armed Forces.
- Father, Ronald Holmes, played basketball at Central State University in Ohio.
- Lists on her school’s A/B honor roll.
- Started playing basketball when she was 4 years old.
- Is right-handed and wears No. 24 because of Kobe Bryant.
- Favorite sport other than basketball: Tennis.
- Favorite food: Pancakes.
- Favorite class: English.
- Favorite basketball player: Kobe Bryant.
- Favorite team: Los Angeles Lakers.
- Favorite Olympian: Kobe Bryant.
- Favorite social media account to follow: Nick Young.
- Most played song: Meek Mill, “Dreams and Nightmares.”
- Must-have pregame meal or snack: Subway and Gatorade.
- Piece of clothing you cannot live without: Sweatpants.
- Top five movies: Love & Basketball, The Butler, Matilda, Long Road to Freedom and Coach Carter.
- Best player you have faced: Ariel Atkins -- we are in the same district in high school. She is a dynamic player with an amazing will.
- Most impressive person you have met: Coach Andrea Robinson -- because of her passion and enthusiasm.
- You would compare your game to: Breanna Stewart.
- Away from the court you enjoy: Shopping.
- Most people do not know: I’m a sneaker head / shoe lover.
- Most interesting place you have visited: New Orleans -- a lot of cultural and ethnic diversity.
- Superstitious about: I pray before every game and pay homage to my deceased uncle, Willie Hall.