Weight: 185 lbs.
School: Nebraska '14
Hometown: Alliance, Neb.
USA Basketball Notes:
- Named to the 2013 USA Women’s World University Games Team on May 19, 2013.
- Participated in the 2011 USA Basketball Women’s World University Games Team Trials.
- 2012 and 2013 WBCA and Associated Press All-America honorable mention & WBCA All-Region 6 first team.
- Wade, Naismith and Wooden Player of the Year candidate in 2013 and a Wade and Naismith candidate in 2012.
- 2012 and 2013 All-Big Ten Conference first team and Academic All-Big Ten; and Big Ten All-Tournament Team in 2012.
- Six-Time Big Ten Player of the Week in 2012-13 (12/12, 12/26, 1/2, 12/24, 2/5 and 2/12).
- Nebraska Scholar-Athlete Honor Roll (Fall ‘12, Spring ‘12) and Big 12 Commissioner's Honor Roll (Fall ‘10).
- 2011 Big 12 All-Freshman Team and four-time Big 12 Freshman of the Week (10/15, 10/29, 2/7, 2/21).
- Enters senior year on pace to become the third Husker to score 2,000 points and grab 1,000 rebounds in a career.
- Lists No. 2 at Nebraska in career double-doubles (26) and career 3FG made (215), No. 5 in career rebounds (811) and No. 10 in carrer points (1,685).
- As a Junior in 2012-13, averaged 17.9 ppg., 8.8 rpg. and 1.1 spg. to help the Huskers to their second Sweet Sixteen; shot 82.1% from the line; had 12 20-point games and nine double-doubles to increase career total to 26, which ranks No. 3 at Nebraska.
- Tied Nebraska junior season record for 3-point field goals made (81).
- In three 2013 NCAA Tournament games, averaged 16.0 ppg. and 10.3 rpg.
- One of five players in Nebraska history to achieve career totals of 1,600 points and 800 rebounds, and the first junior to reach those joint milestones.
- With 607 points and 300 rebounds as a junior and 624 points and 306 boards as a sophomore, was the first Husker to record a pair of 600-point, 300-rebound campaigns.
- As as sophomore in 2011-12, led the Big Ten in rebounding (9.3 rpg.) to help her team to an NCAA Tournament appearance; produced 14 double-doubles.
- First sophomore in school history to reach 1,000 career points, her 624 points were the most scored by a Nebraska sophomore.
- Opened Big Ten play with 31 points and 12 rebounds and joined Amy Stephens (1989) as the only Huskers in with three 30-point efforts in a four-game stretch.
- As a freshman in 2010-11, started in all 31 games and led the team with 14.6 ppg. and ranked second on the team with 6.6 rpg.; 67 made 3-pointers also led the Huskers while shattering the NU freshman record; produced three double-doubles.
- Tied school record with seven 3-pointers (at Missouri, 2/2/11).
High School Notes:
- Finished fifth all-time in Nebraska with 2,078 points and second in state history in rebounding with 1,337; added approximately 400 career steals, 200 assists and 350 blocks.
- As a senior in 2009-10, averaged 26.1 ppg., 15.2 rpg., 3.6 spg., 2.5 apg. and 5 bpg. to help the Bulldogs (20-5) to a third-place Class B state finish; set the state record with 380 rebounds, broke her own single-season mark; her 100 points in three tournament games were a Nebraska Class B record; finished second in state history in tourney scoring with 271 points.
- In the final game of her career, scored a Class B state tourney record 47 points; scored 54 points against Scottsbluff in January for the third-best scoring total in state history.
- As a junior in 2008-09, averaged 23.2 ppg., 14.3 rpg., 4.6 spg. and 4.6 bpg. to help her team to a third-place finish in the state tournament.
- As a sophomore in 2007-08, averaged 17.5 ppg. and 13.2 rpg., finished as state runners-up.
- As a freshman in 2006-07, averaged 16.1 ppg. and 10.4 rpg. to lead Alliance to its first state title.
- 2010 WBCA All-America honorable mention.
- Gatorade Nebraska Player of the Year in 2008 and 2010.
- Lincoln Journal Star Nebraska Super-State and Omaha World-Herald All-Nebraska in 2008, 2009 and 2010.
- Four-Time Nebraska All-Class B first team (2007- 2010) and three-time honorary captain of Class B All-State Team (2008-2010).
- Two-Time Miss Basketball Showcase All-American (2007, 2009).
- Three-Time Class B All-State Volleyball Player (honorable mention in 2007, third team in 2008 and second team in 2009).
- Also a four-time letter winner in track and field and volleyball, including all-state volleyball honors; received a volleyball scholarship offer from Nebraska, but chose basketball.
- Won the 2010 Class B state long jump title by soaring 18’8 1/4”.
- Ran on 2010 Alliance's 4x100-meter relay team that finished fourth at the state tournament, took seventh in the Class B 200-meter dash (25.947) in 2010; fourth at state in the long jump in 2009 (17’3”); fifth in the 200 with a time of 26.49 in 2009; in 2008 was the state runner-up in the long jump (18’2”); and finished second in the state in the long jump as a freshman in 2007.
- Ranked in top 10% of her high school class with a weighted GPA of better than 4.7. A three-time academic all-state selection in basketball and volleyball; a member of the National Honor Society who volunteered on a canned food drive, breast cancer awareness outreach, an elementary after-school program and the Special Olympics.
- Born on Feb. 20, 1992 in Alliance; daughter of Brian and Jodene Hooper; has one brother, Kyle, who was a freshman football player at Chadron State in 2012-13.
- Father is a fourth-generation rancher with 7,000 acres of land.
- Psychology major
- Favorite foods: Pizza and chocolate cake.
- Favorite class: History of the Holocaust.
- Favorite item of clothing: Basketball shorts.
- Can’t live without: Family.
- This Right hander wears No. 35 because: It was one of the last ones left when I walked into my 3rd grade team. The big one and the small one didn’t fit, so I had to wear the medium sized one.
- Best player you have faced: Britney Griner.
- Away from the court you enjoy: Reading and going to the lake.
- Most people don’t know: I can juggle.