- 6-5 / 196 cms
- 198 lbs / 90
- Madison Academy ‘16
- Huntsville, Ala.
USA Basketball Notes
- Named to the 2013-14 USA Basketball Men’s Developmental National Team on March 27, 2013.
- Participated in the October 2012 USA Developmental National Team mini-camp, held in Colorado Springs, Colo.
High School Honors
- 2013 MaxPreps Freshman All-American first team.
- 2013 Gatorade Alabama Boys Basketball Player of the Year.
- 2013 Max Preps Freshman All-America first team.
- 2012 and 2013 Alabama Sports Writers Association Class 3A All-State first team.
- 2012 and 2013 Alabama Class 3A Player of the Year.
- 2013 Huntsville Times Player of the Year.
- 2013 Alabama Class 3A State Tournament MVP and Alabama Class 3A All-Tournament Team.
- 2012 and 2013 Class 3A Northwest Regional and Class 3A Area 15 MVP.
High School Notes
- As a freshman in 2012-13, started all 35 games and averaged 23.9 ppg., 8.5 rpg., 2.9 apg., and 1.1 spg. in leading Madison Academy (Ala.) to a 23-12 record and the Alabama Class 3A state championship.
- In his two games in the 2013 Alabama Class 3A State Tournament, averaged 25.5 ppg., 17.5 rpg. and 4.0 apg.
- Posted 21 points, 19 rebounds and six assists in the 2013 state tournament final.
- Played for the varsity team as an eighth grader in 2011-12 and helped advance his team to the Alabama Class 3A tournament semifinals; averaged 18.3 ppg., 6.6 rpg., 2.5 apg. and 2.4 spg. as Madison went 21-12.
- In his two seasons, has compiled 1,394 points, 498 rebounds, 179 assists and 117 steals over 67 games, while shooting 49.9 percent from the field and 80.0 percent from the line.
- Recorded single-game career-highs of 45 points, 19 rebounds and 12 assists.
- Born in Florence, Ala., on Jan. 15, 1997, and resides in Huntsville, Ala.
- Son of Yolanda and Tellus Langford, has one younger sister, Jaden (11).
- Is a member of the National Junior Honor Society and is on the Madison Principal List.
- His grandfather (U.S. Army) and uncle (U.S. Marine Corps) served in the military.
- Both parents played basketball at the University of North Alabama.
- Started playing basketball when he was 7 years old.
The Inside Scoop
- Most memorable moments from the 2012 Olympics were Usain Bolt and the USA Basketball team winning gold.
- Favorite player on the 2012 U.S. Olympic Team: LeBron James, “he contributed to the team in every respect.”
- Plans on majoring in: physical therapy.
- If he could drive anything, it would be: a Ferrari.
- Top five movies of all time: Life, Five Heartbeats, Get Rich or Die Tryin, More Than a Game and Twilight.
- Favorite sports magazine: Sports Illustrated.
- Pregame meal: Subway turkey sub on Italian.
- Favorite app: Temple Run 2.
- Favorite sports other than basketball: is interested in golf.
- Favorite class: biology.
- Favorite basketball player of all time: Michael Jordan.
- Favorite Olympian: Usain Bolt.
- Best player ever faced: James Young.
- Most impressive person ever met: Penny Hardaway because, “of his perspective and knowledge of basketball.”
- Would compare his game to: a variety of players.
- This right hander wears No. 23 because: it’s his favorite number.
- Away from the court, enjoys: having fun with family and friends.
- Has never traveled outside of the United States.