Height: 6-10 / 208 cms
Weight: 225 lbs / 102 kgs
School: Arsenal Technical High School ‘14
Hometown: Camby, Indiana
USA Basketball Notes
- Named to the 2011-12 USA Developmental National Team on March 24, 2011.
- Has verbally committed to attend and play for Indiana.
High School Honors
- All-Indiana honorable mention (2011).
- Underclassmen All-State first team (2011).
- All-Indianapolis first team (2011).
- All-Indianapolis City Tournament first team (2011).
High School Notes
- Attends Arsenal Technical High School (Ind.), where in 2010-11 he averaged 19.2 ppg., 15.5 rpg., 5.5 apg. and 6.0 bpg. as a freshman.
- Competes in the summer for Spiece Indy Heat 2014 and finished third in the 2010 nationals.
- Born Trey Anthony Lyles in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada, on Nov. 5, 1995, but currently lives in Camby, Ind.
- Son of Jasenka and Thomas Lyles, has one older brother, Kyle, and two older sisters, Tanika and Kristina.
- Father played basketball at Panola Junior College (Texas) and Kentucky, and played professionally in the NBA, CBA and Canada.
- Owns a 3.96 GPA and earned his school’s student-athlete high honors award.
The Inside Scoop
- Post-basketball career ambitions: become an NBA analyst or coach.
- Last book read for pleasure: “Driven From Within” by Michael Jordan.
- Has held a job doing: lawn care, working for his dad.
- Favorite class: biology.
- Least favorite class: algebra.
- Knows how to speak: Spanish.
- Favorite meal to make at home: popcorn.
- If not for basketball, would want to be a standout in: football or baseball.
- When he was five, wanted to be: a fireman or boxer.
- If he could live in any city in the world, it would be: Orlando.
- Favorite magazine: Sports Illustrated.
- Favorite Twitter account: Los Angeles Lakers.
- Piece of clothing he can’t live without: shorts.
- Favorite sport other than basketball: football.
- Favorite basketball player of all time: Kobe Bryant.
- Favorite non-basketball Olympian: Muhammad Ali.
- Best player ever faced: Paul White.
- Would like to go one-on-one against: Kobe Bryant.
- Away from the court, enjoys: hanging with his parents.
- Most people don’t know: that he was born in Canada.
- First basketball memory: working out with his dad.
- If he weren’t playing basketball, he would be doing this after high school: working towards becoming a doctor.
- This right-hander wears No. 41 because all the other numbers he wanted were already taken.
- Superstitions: can’t play with long hair.
- Three things he would need if stranded on an island: iPod and charger, phone and charger, and a basketball.