Height: 6-9 ē 206 cms
Weight: 220 lbs ē 100 kgs
School: North Texas '14
Hometown: Dallas, Texas
USA Basketball Notes:
- Named as a finalist to the 2011 USA Basketbll Men's U19 National Team on June 19, 2011.
- Member of the 2010 USA Basketball Menís U18 National Team that finished 5-0, won gold at the 2010 FIBA Americas U18 Championship and qualified the USA for the 2011 FIBA U19 World Championship. Averaged 8.2 points, a team second best 7.0 rebounds and a team leading 1.5 blocked shots a game. Shot 50.0 from the field and 80.0 percent from the foul line.
- Named to the 2010 USA Basketball Menís U18 National Team on June 16, 2010.
- Participated in the 2010 USA Basketball Men's U18 National Team training camp in San Antonio, Texas.
- Is currently attending the University of North Texas.
- Initially signed a National Letter of Intent to attend and compete for the University of Missouri in November 2009. Transferred to North Texas after the NCAA initially ruled on Jan. 5, 2011, that he was academically ineligible to compete for the Tigers.
High School Honors:
- Was a 2010 Slam Magazine All-American.
- Named the 2010 Texas 12-4A Player of the Year.
- Selected as the 2010 Dallas Morning News Player of the Year.
- Named 2010 Texas Class 4A All-State.
- Was on the 2010 Texas Association of Basketball Coaches All-Star Team.
- Listed as a 2010 all-region selection.
High School Notes:
- Attended L.G. Pinkston High School (Texas), and during his three-year prep career, he posted over 1,500 points and 700 rebounds.
- Helped lead Pinkston in 2009-10 to the regional finals and a 26-10 record.
- As a senior he started all 36 games and averaged 20.5 ppg., 11.0 rpg., 5.0 apg. and 3.0 bpg.
- Recorded highs in 2009-10 of 33 points versus Seagovill High School and 25 rebounds versus Lincoln High School.
- Competed two summers for Brandon Bass Elite and two summers for DFW Select.
- Born on April 7, 1992 in Milwaukee, Wis., currently resides in Dallas, Texas.
- Son of Angie L. Mitchell and Tony L. Mitchell, Sr., has one younger brother, Antonio.
The Inside Scoop:
- Wants to be the best player he can be.
- Doesnít have a favorite Internet sports site, he likes them all, favorite non-sports site is Facebook.com.
- Favorite Facebook friend is Dominique Edwards.
- Favorite sport other than basketball is football.
- Plays the piano.
- Favorite players are Olympic gold medalists Vince Carter and LeBron James and team is the Cleveland Cavaliers.
- Favorite non-basketball Olympian is Michael Johnson.
- The strangest place heís ever played basketball was in his grandmotherís backyard.
- The best player heís ever faced is Vince Carter, who is also the most impressive person heís ever met because of Carterís great character.
- Would like to play one-on-one against LeBron James.
- Favorite announcer is Dick Vitale.
- Enjoys spending time with his family when heís away from the court.
- Most people donít know that heís got a great sense of humor.
- The most interesting place heís ever visited was the Nike basketball factory.
- His first basketball memory is of his father teaching him how to play.
- Even if he werenít playing basketball, heíd would still go to college.
- This right-hander wears Nos. 18 and 13 because heís been wearing those numbers since he was young.
- Canít live without family, friends and basketball.
- Stranded on an island, would want Dominique Edwards, a lot of money and a jet.
- Favorite foods are chicken strips and fries.