Height: 6’4” (193 cm)
Weight: 190 lbs. (86 kg)
School: Upper Room Christian Academy '12
Hometown: Raleigh, N.C.
- Named to the USA 2012 Men’s FIBA Americas U18 Championship Team on June 9.
- Has signed a National Letter of Intent to attend and play for North Carolina State University in 2012-13.
- Named Gatorade North Carolina Player of the Year in 2011-12.
- Selected to the Parade Magazine All-American team for 2011-12.
- Tabbed a USA Today All-USA third team player following his senior season.
- Won MVP honors at the 2012 Jordan Brand All-American Game on April 14 in Charlotte, N.C. after scoring a game-high 22 points on 10-of-13 shooting.
- Participated in the 2012 McDonald’s All-American Game, scoring 15 points on 7-of-14 shooting for the East squad while also distributing three assists.
- Named North Carolina Mr. Basketball in 2011-12.
- Named Greater Carolina High School Athletic Association (GCHSAA) MVP in 2011-12.
High School Notes
- Played three seasons at Upper Room Christian Academy in Raleigh, N.C.
- As a senior in 2011-12, averaged 26.1 ppg., 6.7 rpg. and 4.2 apg. to help Upper Room to a 24-16 record and the GCHSAA championship.
- As a junior in 2010-11, averaged 25.6 ppg. and 9.0 rpg. as Upper Room went 23-18.
- In October 2010, reclassified from the graduating class of 2013 to the class of 2012. Played as a freshman at Upper Room in 2009-10.
- Played AAU ball for the CP3 All-Stars.
- Led the CP3 All-Stars to the semifinals of the AAU 17U Division I National Championships in the summer of 2011.
- Born on Feb. 14, 1994 in Plymouth, N.C.
- Parents are Shanda McNair and Rodney Purvis; has two brothers, Tyrek (18) and Dreco (12).
- Nicknamed “Never Nervous.”
- Also played football at Upper Room Christian and was his team’s MVP.
- Maintained a 3.29 GPA in high school and was a member of the honor roll all four years.
- Volunteered locally at the Food Bank of Central and Eastern North Carolina, as well as at a nursing home.
- Has spoken to youth student-athletes as a motivational speaker.
- This right-hander wears number 0 because: Nothing was ever given to me.
- Favorite sport other than basketball: Football.
- Favorite food: Habachi.
- Favorite subject: English.
- Favorite basketball player: Dwyane Wade.
- Favorite team: Miami Heat.
- Favorite Olympian: LeBron James.
- Most played song on iPod: “A1 Everything” by Meek Mill.
- Piece of clothing you can’t live without: Hanes underwear.
- Best player you’ve ever played against: Dezmine Wells.
- Player, past or present, you compare your game to: Dwyane Wade.
- Most impressive person you’ve met: Mark Gottfried because he’s very unique.
- Away from the court you enjoy: Riding dirtbikes and hanging out with my family.
- Most interesting place you’ve visited: Los Angeles because it’s very beautiful.
- Superstitions: Listening to the same songs before every game.