Height: 6’3” (190 cm)
Weight: 210 lbs. (95 kg)
School: Marcus High School '12
Hometown: Marcus, Texas
- Named to the USA 2012 Men’s FIBA Americas U18 Championship Team on June 9.
- Has signed a National Letter of Intent to attend and play for Oklahoma State University in 2012-13.
- Chosen as back-to-back Gatorade Texas Player of the Year in 2010-11 and 2011-12.
- Named by USA Today to the 2012 All-USA first team.
- Named to MaxPreps All-American first team in 2011-12.
- Participated in the 2012 McDonald’s All-American Game on March 28 in Chicago, Ill., scoring one point in addition to recording six rebounds and five assists.
- Played in the 2012 Kentucky Derby Festival Basketball Classic All-Star game, scoring eight points with a game-high 15 rebounds and 11 assists for the Black squad. He also won the slam dunk contest at the event.
- Chosen by the Texas Association of Basketball Coaches as the 2011 Class 5A Player of the Year.
- Picked as MVP of the 2011 Class 5A state tournament.
- Named Class 5A all-state first team in 2009-10, 2010-11 and 2011-12.
- Chosen as his district’s MVP in all four seasons.
High School Notes
- Was the centerpiece of a remarkable three-year run at Marcus High School in Flower Mound, Texas that saw his team win two state titles and compile a 114-6 record.
- As a senior in 2011-12, averaged 15.1 ppg., 9.2 rpg., 5.0 apg., 2.8 spg. and 1.3 bpg. in addition to taking 43 charges to lead the Marauders to a 39-2 record and the Class 5A state championship.
- As a junior in 2010-11, averaged 14.0 ppg., 8.7 rpg., 4.8 apg. and 2.5 spg. to lead Marcus to the Class 5A state championship.
- Played AAU with the Texas Assault.
- Born on March 6, 1994.
- Was a member of the Black History Club at his high school.
- Volunteered locally as an elementary school tutor and as a youth basketball coach.